Affordable auto insurance for college students, compare free quote
What is the best car insurance for a college student online
Looking for cheap car insurance for students in college? Well, you are at the right place. We can help you find the policy you want by assisting you to secure one that has an affordable premium.
5 ways to get cheap car insurance quotes for college students
Finding cheap auto insurance for college students can be a challenging task but not impossible. You only need to take the below mentioned aspects into consideration before researching your options.
- Maintain good grades: Studies indicate that students who have good grades in their academics are less likely to get involved in accidents and most insurance providers offer them 15 % discount on premiums.
- Take a course in defensive driving: One of the main causes of death among U.S. teens is car crashes and to avoid getting into one and earn discount, you need to take a defensive driving class.
- Protect the as well as yourself: To protect your car from being stolen or prevent thefts when parked and secure additional discount, it could be better if you get some safety devices installed in your car.
- Increase your deductible: One of the ways to get auto insurance premium lowered is to raise your deductible but by doing so you must be ready to spend money from your pocket during emergency.
- Consider buying used car: New cars will cost more money to insure as compared to used cars and hence, if money is constraint, it is advisable to think of purchasing an inexpensive used car.
Learn how to get cheap car insurance for students online now
When it comes to providing discounts every insurer may have a different policy but still, some reasons could be common. Normally, majority of the insurance providers will offer discounts if:
- Buyer has minimum GPA 3.0 or above.
- Buyer is one among top percentiles in his class.
- Buyer has an average A "B" grade or even higher.
- Buyer is on the Dean's List or honour roll during the earlier semester
Learn how to get discount on car insurance for students online now
Just maintaining good grades in your academics may not be the only way to qualify for the lowest and the best car insurance rates for college students. As a college student, there may be other ways through which you can save money while getting your vehicle insured, some of which are as under:
- Stay away from reckless driving practices that attract traffic citations or avoid committing DUI/DWI offenses
- If you are living close to campus, check whether companies are offering low mileage discount
- For saving money on premium, explore possibility of getting name added to your parent’s policy
- Consider driving an older car which has safety features like security alarms, side airbags, etc.
- To qualify for special discount complete a course in defensive driving from some reputed institute
- Try and maintain a good credit rating as it shows that you are responsible driver
Finding the most affordable car insurance for college students
For providing cheap auto insurance for high risk students, most of the insurers will take into account numerous factors and one of them may be the age of the driver. The lower your age, the higher will be the premium as the extent of risks involved in granting car coverage are perceived to be higher because of likelihood of getting involved in reckless driving practices.